Please read carefully before signing. This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights. This Waiver & Release form shall run until such time that the Releasee requests this Waiver be revoked. Also, in consideration for being permitted to participate in the Adventure or for Volunteer Service as organized by Send-A-Vet® Foundation, 11017 61st St Ct E, Puyallup, WA 98372, (“Releasee”), I agree to the following Waiver and Release as follows:
1. I and anyone claiming on my behalf release and forever discharge Releasee and its affiliates, successors and assigns, officers, employees, representatives, partners, agents and anyone claiming through them (collectively, the “Released Parties”), in their individual and/or corporate capacities from causes of action of any nature and kind, known or unknown, which I may have against Releasee or any Released Parties arising out of or relating to any injury, loss or damage to person and property that may be sustained as a result of participation in the Adventure or Volunteer Service (“Claims”).
2. I understand that participation in the Adventure or Volunteer Service may be vendors of Releasee and they may require a separate Release to Participate form.
3. I further understand that participation in the Adventure or Volunteer Service involves inherent risks, including risk of physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent paralysis and/or death, and I assume all related risks and voluntarily participate in the Adventure. I acknowledge that hunting and/or target shooting has inherent risks, hazards, and dangers for anyone that cannot be eliminated, particularly in a wilderness environment. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INCLUDE WITHOUT LIMITATION, The risk of:
a. handling firearms and near others that possess firearms for hunting purposes;
b. injury from stray bullets;
c. walking in rugged country with wildlife encounters, insects, inclement weather, and high altitude conditions;
d. injury from riding an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) or any off-road vehicle;
e. injury from the use of tree stands; and
f. injury working with traps and trapping equipment.
4. I understand the risks, hazards, and dangers as described above and have had the opportunity to discuss them with my Send-A-Vet® representative. I understand that these activities may require good physical conditioning and a degree of skill and knowledge. I believe I have that good physical conditioning and the degree of skill and knowledge necessary for me to engage in these activities safely. I understand that I have responsibilities. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary. No one is forcing me to participate and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I AM VOLUNTARILY USING THE SERVICES OF SEND-A-VET® FOUNDATION WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE INHERENT RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INVOLVED AND HEREBY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH.
5. I hold harmless, Send-A-Vet® Foundation, their directors, officers, agents, employees, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this Adventure or Volunteer Service activity including, but not limited to, NEGLIGENCE of any kind or nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of any damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death to me or my property as a result of my engaging in these activities or the use of these services, animals or equipment, whether such damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death results from negligence of Send-A-Vet® Foundation Events, or from some other cause.
6. I, for myself, my heirs, my successors, executors, and subrogees, further agree not to sue Send-A-Vet® Foundation as a result of any injury, paralysis, or death suffered in connection with my use and participation in the activities of Send-A-Vet® Foundation.
7. Lastly, I, for myself, my heirs, successors, executors, and subrogees, hereby KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Send-A-Vet® Foundation.
8. The terms of this Release shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington.
9. I have carefully read and fully understand all the provisions of this Release and am freely, knowingly and voluntarily entering into this Release.