If qualified, follow the steps below. Send-A-Vet® Foundation purchases any required hunting and/or fishing licenses for the area of your Adventure, the permits, any game stamps, and other associated tags for your trip.
So, if you qualify, and:
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and Special Conditions above; and
- Seek an outdoor Adventure opportunity, and
- Agree that Send-A-Vet® Foundation may use your name and photographs in our promotional literature, brochures, website and other media sources to promote our commitment to combat-injured veterans; then,
Complete an Adventure Application and a Waiver form here
How our selection process works:
Since 2012, Send-A-Vet Foundation has provided more than 180 combat-injured veterans with a once in a lifetime outdoor Adventure. It’s a chance to get out, fish, hunt, enjoy nature and meet other veterans.
Adventure applicants are selected by a random Lottery drawing at our Annual Fundraiser Dinner & Auction Event. This is usually held the first Saturday in April at the WA State Fairgrounds in Puyallup WA.
THE ANNUAL DRAWING PROCESS
- If qualified, submit your online Adventure Application no later than 15 March and upload all required documents and your name is entered into the drawing;
- Purple Heart recipients are provided two (2) opportunities in the Drawing, and an additional two (2) opportunities for each year they apply, until drawn;
- The number of Adventure recipients will be determined and announced at the Annual Fundraiser & Live Auction event due to being donation driven;
- Five alternates are drawn as stand-by recipients;
- Alternates not participating in an Adventure do not lose the number of drawing chances for the next year;
- All annual applicants will be contacted of the drawing results.
- For each year not drawn for your Adventure, reapply and another chance will be added to the next Lottery drawing; and
- Good Luck.
You may need one of these forms: